Saturday, January 1, 2011

In the Kitchen

Though the kitchen may be a daunting place for some....it has become a place for me to challenge myself.  I am not all that creative in cooking but have enjoyed returning to some basics that we seem to have lost in our busy world.

I love to make homemade bread, canning, and exploring the way women cooked about 100 years ago. I even attended a wonderful class on Hearth Cooking. Hearth cooking is the use of the fireplace hearth to cook meals using coals, cast iron and wrought iron hooks and roasting spits. It just fascinates me that we have made things both easier and more complicated at the same time with our modern conveniences.

I hope to post some of my recipes, successes and failures in the coming year and I hope some of you will be inspired to try or share with me.

Feel free to sign up to follow this blog if you are interested in joining me.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear about your cooking. We don't have a fireplace so I won't be doing any hearth cooking myself! Glad to see you in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete