Monday, January 17, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

This recipe was a favorite in my family since I was a child. Then my Terrific sister Teri gave it her special touch.....and it is even better. Most of you are probably used to serving beef stroganoff with egg noodles.  Since childhood I have had an aversion to slimy, slippery egg noodle.....(I know childish....but what can I say) So my mom would make some white rice for me. My kids don't even know about egg noodles, beef stroganoff always comes with rice which they love!

So here it is....

Beef Stroganoff a la Teri

1 1/2        lbs      cubed beef (really about any cut will do)
1              tsp     seasoning salt
1/2           tsp     chopped garlic
3              T       red wine vinegar
2              cans    Cream of Mushroom soup
1              can      sliced mushrooms drained
2               T        Dill weed
1/3            C        Sour Cream


Brown with season salt, garlic and red wine vinegar. Add mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms and dill weed. Stir together and let simmer for 20 minutes.  Cook rice or egg noodles. Stir in sour cream and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.

I usually cook about 2 cups of rice.  


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment