Monday, January 3, 2011

Treasures.....

I wanted to let you know why my blog was named "Treasures in the Everyday". A few weeks ago I was reading in my Bible in the books of Matthew and Hebrews and just pondering my life.

I came to the realization that in the past 5 years I have nearly constantly been in a state of change. Prior to this time my life was really kind of on cruise control. My life was marraige, friends, family, career, children, church.....some minor changes here and there but the same basic boat, floating down the same basic river with the same passengers.

We moved 5 years ago with a plan......well, let's just say that very little if anything has gone according to plan. First, let me say that I do not regret any of my life, for what God has chosen to change in our plan has only led to changes in me that could not have happened otherwise. I am not saying that all was fun, easy or even pain free.....not in the least! I am trying to let you know that I have survived and I have become a different person through it all.

Somewhere along the way though I lost something......how to live each and every day searching for the treasures in life. It seems as though with all the changes I have been in a constant state waiting......waiting for the other shoe to drop, waiting for answers, waiting for the next move, waiting to settle in.........waiting, waiting, waiting. I have been so busy thinking about what was to come that I feel as though I forgot to live each day!

I have made a decision......life is anything but smooth....so I want to stop waiting and start embracing each and every day. I want to simply put up my hands and scream and enjoy this rollercoaster called life! I can't control all of what will happen in this life, both good and bad, but I can choose sit paralyzed waiting or simply embrace this ride called life!

Take a look at Matthew 6:25-34 .

......My paraphrase.......The creator of the universe and me knows what I need, when I need it.....so chillax!

So, I will choose to search for the treasures in the everyday of life!

Today's treasures.....My son's passionate love for my homemade honey whole wheat bread and the joy it brings him. My sons' abilities to get on my last nerve....for I have them and they challenge me to grow in patience and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment